Saturday, February 28, 2009

Unlocking certain mysteries. There's a picture on our kitchen wall of my Uncle Sam (Garrard) on his second birthday with this luscious, almost cloud-like white-iced cake. This frosting, ever since I was a child, has haunted me. Because it is the stuff that dreams are made of, and I'd overheard horror stories of how difficult it would be to recreate. After my father and I recently had a couple failed attempts, it took a few months for me to finally come to my senses and actually make that candy thermometer investment. I quit searching in southern cookbooks and on the internet for it. Because none of those folks know what the heck they're talking about. And thanks to my Aunt Susan, this confectionary dream of mine has been realized. Now these dreams can be passed on to my babies. Let's just hope the third one doesn't turn out to be diabetic: I've been eating so much cake this week.

On another exciting note: Isaac (who will probably not appreciate me talking about this later on), CONGRATULATIONS on being toilet-trained! You have no idea how proud you have made your parents.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eat cake and leave no crumbs... with your fork scrape up the very last sign of cake and white stuff... lick it, then if there is a crumb on the table blot it with your finger and let it melt on your tongue. Next, sit back and contemplate another slice of cake now or later. Thanks dear for the views and memories.
Congratulations not only to Isaac but especially to mommy and daddy.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Isaac!!! I'm proud of you! Now tell cousin Gracen how to sit on the potty!

How about sharing your receipe Lorraine? It looks wonderful.

Love, R

7:46 PM  
Blogger Gracen said...

WOOHOO!!!!!! Way to go Isaac! My Nana always takes me to the potty but I'm just don't care to use it. They say that I'm stubborn. I don't think so!

9:14 AM  
Blogger About Us said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I didn't know that you were expecting again - I'm so excited for you! Let's get these babies together next time you're in town (Mommies too!). Love you!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home