Wednesday, December 02, 2009

What fell out of the Pleasant Green cookbook... was not a pleasant green recipe at all. Don't you just love finding that strange newspaper clipping recipe that somebody happened to stash away inside a cookbook? This one made me feel a bit like a rockstar, when I admittedly waited until the kids went to bed before cutting into it last night. This recipe has everything I've been looking for in a coconut cake recipe: frozen coconut (because I do not do fresh), the "full-fat" coconut milk (you find in the Asian section of the supermarket), and sour cream (b/c it does something very special when mixed and chilled with sugar, coconut, and vanilla).

2 Comments:

Blogger tgl said...

NOT only is that my favorite cake (one week from my birthday), but that first photo looks like a magazine shot. Congratulations.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous grandpa said...

Well, well... that didn't take long after a tiring trip and recovery from turkey day (without the turkey of course). It sure does look good... where is my piece? and why didn't you bake that here? Your grandma Faith would be proud.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home