Tuesday, February 07, 2012

When I think of carrot cake, I picture trips to my grandparents' in Texas. There was always a cake waiting for us. The raisins aggravated me, and the cream cheese frosting intrigued me. Took a while for me to realize that she never made these cakes by hand; they were from the grocery store bakery. I guess it didn't take much to please me back then. (She also made the best blueberry nutri-grain waffles and Little Debbie star-crunches...) These days, I devote an entire Saturday morning to a Martha Stewart version, and there is luke-warm interest in the results. I will admit that the frosting is over-whipped, and the cake is somewhat spongy in texture. And drawing a heart on a crumbly foundation of pecans is no easy feat. Oh, well. There will be other cakes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous grandpa said...

Your efforts are applauded and I for one always enjoy the product when it gets close enough to my mouth.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cake divine!

Patti

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home