Monday, June 12, 2006

Swimsuit issue. In preparation for his beach debut, Isaac decided to perform some of his regular daily tasks in a wetsuit. The flotation devices he stuffed in there presented a challenge for anyone who was hoping to get a hug out of the boy. So they were deemed unnecessary for Holden Beach.

Bathing-beauty-boy down by the seashore. On the third of June, Isaac's life-long dream of visiting the coast of North Carolina was finally realized. It was one of those weeks that he said he would never forget. But memories fade quickly; so here are a few of the highlights in the form of pictures along with Isaac's commentary.

You are getting sleepy. If there's anything my grandpa knows, it's how to take full advantage of sleepy-time at the beach. We spent a good portion of the trip meditating hammock-style.

The indelible Jo. I was introduced to my mother's close friend from college, Joanna, on Monday. I knew right away that she was a sensible creature: a woman who had nice penmanship and knew her way around the beach. Maybe not this beach, but she was a sandlover, for sure. She spoke of her recent adventures, which took place in Australia and New Zealand. Those beekeepers sure do know how to cut a rug! If only I could have one more dance.

Father-son material. Just so you don't think I spent the entire trip snoozing with Grandpa & flirting with Jo, it actually was a good chance to bond with my papa. But sometimes our discussions led me to make these hasty impulsive decisions towards diving off the couch.

In my head, in my heart, in my soul... The sunset sky has a way of giving everyone that glow of romance. My Uncle Jason & Aunt Catherine sure look carefree here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Memories are made of these. Tra lalal. Enjoyed the pics.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home