Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A brownie cross-breed. My father recently shared with me the premise of a brownie with a very unusual secret ingredient. (It's not pot.) When I found a recipe online for it, I was pretty skeptical. But nothing could've prepared me for the end result. It's not exactly like a traditional fudge brownie. Imagine a chocolate soufflé getting together with a brownie and a chocolate bread pudding. Chances are good this dessert is more healthy than the quesadillas the kids were required to eat beforehand.

Black Bean Brownies

1 (15 oz.) can of black beans, drained & rinsed
3 eggs
3 T canola oil
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa
1/4 t salt
1 t vanilla
3/4 c sugar
1 t baking powder
1/2 c bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350º. Put all the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle the chips over it, and bake for 30 minutes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cinda said...

Thanks Lorraine. I'm going to give that a try. Sounds very interesting...

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home